NE1 are recruiting a Marketing and Events Executive
< APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED >
NE1, the international award-winning Business Improvement District Company, established in 2009, has earned an unparalleled reputation for delivering an exciting range of projects and events which have had a transformational impact on the city centre.
From Alive after Five, to the Get into Newcastle magazine, Newcastle Restaurant Week, the Quayside Seaside, and the NE1 Newcastle Motor Show, NE1 is responsible for many of the best-loved projects in the city, and its annual events calendar.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join an enthusiastic, close-knit team at the forefront of delivering an exciting and ambitious programme in Newcastle city centre.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, responsibilities of the Marketing and Events Executive include:
• Assisting the Director of Communications and Head of Marketing on the planning, coordination and delivery of NE1’s Marketing and Events programme. including the NE1 Newcastle Motor Show, Screen on the Green, Newcastle Restaurant Week and the 24 Doors of Christmas
• Assisting the Head of Marketing, and liaising with NE1’s PR consultant, to plan and deliver NE1’s cross-platform PR programme
• Liaising with suppliers and contractors, as and when required, to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed specification
• Assisting the Director of Communications and Head of Marketing to ensure efficient management of the Marketing and Events budgets including raising purchase orders, updating project budget documents and checking invoices
• Updating NE1’s consumer and corporate websites as and when required
• Updating NE1’s consumer and corporate social media accounts as and when required
Working Hours: 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hrs per week)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting, motivated and talented individual who is passionate about Newcastle, and about making a difference, and is able to see the potential offered by this position.
As part of our agile team, the successful candidate will be closely involved in all aspects of the Marketing and Events department’s output, as well as helping influence its future direction. The successful candidate will be outgoing, creative and take enormous pride in their work, helping to deliver across NE1’s portfolio.
To apply, email a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter, to [email protected] The closing date for applications is Friday 29th November. Interviews will take place the following week.