Slipknot: Utilita Arena
In the wake of their return to the Number 1 slot on the Official UK Albums Chart with much lauded sixth studio album, ‘We Are Not Your Kind’, SLIPKNOT have announced their UK & Irish tour dates for early 2020 returning to Newcastle Utilita Arena Friday 17th January 2020. BEHEMOTH are special guests on all UK & European shows.
As well as taking the top album spot in the UK, SLIPKNOT, who are as much a cultural phenomenon as they are a band, made a resounding global impact, with #1 debuts in the USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Ireland, Belgium and Finland, as well as Top 3 debuts in Germany, France, Norway, Italy, The Netherlands and New Zealand.
Reviews for ‘We Are Not Your Kind’ encompassed a broad media spectrum, reinforcing the innovation and creative vision of the Iowa band, twenty years into their celebrated existence. “With their latest studio album, Slipknot have released one of the strongest albums in their career,” remarked Consequence of Sound, with The Independent declaring, “The sheer ambition of We Are Not Your Kind is just as staggering as their seminal record Iowa – the dynamic might be even better.” The Ringer professed, “Slipknot’s sixth album… furthers the argument that they’re the most important heavy band of their era,” while Kerrang! attested, “20 years since their debut, Slipknot are as bold, fearless and exhilarating as ever.” Vulture praised the LP for its “maelstrom of serrated riffs, warlike drums, and machine-gun poetry from Taylor,” and The NME put it simply: “The 'Knot's sixth album is an astonishing record.”
‘We Are Not Your Kind’ is highlighted by ‘Solway Firth,’ ‘Birth Of The Cruel,’ and the LP’s lead single ‘Unsainted.’ All three came with an M. Shawn Crahan directed official music video, and each trended worldwide on YouTube (all categories, not just music) with ‘Unsainted’ at #1 worldwide for a full 24 hrs, with the band amassing over 58 million views in just two months.
SLIPKNOT’s Knotfest Roadshow headline US tour is currently underway featuring special guests Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth on all dates, concluding on 8th September at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands, TX.
Tickets are priced from £44.60
17th January 2020
0844 493 6666
Newcastle upon Tyne
Under 14's must be accompanied by an adult. Strictly no under 14's on the standing floor.
Utilita Arena provides the following facilities to assist with access requirements:
- Accessible parking is available on site with the display of a valid blue badge (badge holder must be present & subject to availability). Details of charges and how to pay can be found on their Car Parking Page
- A box office window with a lowered counter
- All box office windows are fitted with a loop system
- Concession & Merchandise stands with lowered counter
- Designated seating areas within the venue for wheelchair users, or those with walking difficulties, and their companions
- Unisex accessible toilets fitted with radar keys
- Wheelchair accessible toilets available on every level
- A hearing loop system within the lower tiers. Please speak to the Accessibility Team for more details on booking this area.
- Diabetic food is allowed in the venue. They ask people to make themselves known if necessary to our venue security team to assist with any accessibility needs. (please note production can request decant of bottles)
- A Lift operates to all floors within the venue and are wide enough to accommodate a standard wheelchair
Events at this Venue