NE1 are recruiting a Marketing and Events Executive
NE1, the international award-winning Business Improvement District Company, established in 2009, has earned an unparalleled reputation for delivering an exciting range of projects and events which have had a transformational impact on the city centre.
From 2021’s ‘Summer in the City’ activation to the fortnightly Get into Newcastle magazine, Newcastle Restaurant Week, the Grey Street Gathering, and the NE1 Newcastle Motor Show, NE1 is responsible for many of the best-loved projects and events in the city.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join the successful Marketing and Events team, as well as an enthusiastic and close-knit wider team at the forefront of delivering an exciting and ambitious programme in Newcastle city centre.
Reporting to the Marketing and Events Manager, responsibilities of the Marketing and Events Executive include but are not limited to:
• Being an integral part of the day-to-day running of the Marketing and Events department, including the Get into Newcastle website, the Newcastle NE1 social media channels, and other online communications
• Assisting the Marketing and Events Manager with the planning, coordination and delivery of NE1’s Events programme. including NE1’s Screen on the Green, Newcastle Restaurant Week, Blackett Street weekends, and the 24 Doors of Christmas
• Assisting with the production and content of the fortnightly Get into Newcastle magazine, including liaising closely with the publishing company
• Working closely on Newcastle NE1’s marketing campaigns, including liaising with suppliers and contractors to ensure campaigns are successful, timely, and delivered within budget
• Working closely with the Marketing and Events Manager, and NE1’s PR consultant, to plan and deliver NE1’s cross-platform PR programme
• Assisting the Marketing and Events Manager to ensure efficient management of the Marketing and Events budgets, and utilising resource within the department as and when required
• Working with the Marketing and Events Manager to liaise with a large variety of businesses across the city centre ranging from hospitality and leisure to professional services
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, self-starting, and talented individual who is passionate about Newcastle, about making a difference, and able to see the potential offered by this position at what is an incredibly exciting time for the company.
As part of our agile team, the successful candidate will be closely involved in all aspects of the Marketing and Events department’s output, out and about in the city, meeting with businesses and making things happen, as well as helping influence the department's future direction. The successful candidate will be outgoing, creative and take enormous pride in their work, helping to deliver across NE1’s portfolio.
Working Hours: 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hrs per week)
NE1 are currently working to a hybrid model of home-working and office-working, incorporating a set number of office-days per week, with the ability to work from home on others.
To apply, email a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter, to [email protected].
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12th January 2022. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 19th January.