Pet Shop Boys Dreamworld: The Greatest Hits Live: Utilita Arena
Pet Shop Boys have unveiled their brand new single ‘Dreamland’, featuring Years & Years. The single was written by Chris Lowe and Neil Tennant with Olly Alexander who also duets with Neil Tennant on the track. The song was written in London and produced by Stuart Price at Hansa Studios in Berlin and The Record Plant in Los Angeles. The single is the first new music by Pet Shop Boys since their acclaimed ‘Agenda’ EP, released in February, and the first piece of new music to be released from their forthcoming new studio album.
The duo has also announced seven UK shows to open their first-ever greatest hits tour – Dreamworld: The Greatest Hits Live – in May/June 2020. Beginning Thursday 28th May at London’s O2, the tour will see PSB perform at arenas across the country including Utilita Arena Newcastle Friday 5th June 2020.
15th September PSB will headline the BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park concert in London, their only UK show this year. Musik, the cabaret show starring Frances Barber, written by Jonathan Harvey with six songs by Tennant and Lowe, recently had a critically-acclaimed, sold-out run in Edinburgh before transferring to London for five further performances. The Jonathan Harvey/Pet Shop Boys musical Closer to Heaven was also revived for two months this summer at the Above The Stag theatre in Vauxhall, attracting sold-out audiences every night. Tennant and Lowe have also written music for a stage version of Hanif Kureishi’s My Beautiful Laundrette which premieres at the Leicester Curve theatre later this month.
Pet Shop Boys commented: “We have had a busy year finishing our new album with Stuart Price and writing songs for Musik and My Beautiful Laundrette. We’ve also toured the Far East and are looking forward to bringing our biggest hits together in a new tour next year. It’s so exciting that our new single is a collaboration with Years & Years, one of the most original and successful bands to emerge this decade, and we really enjoyed writing and recording it with Olly Alexander.”
Pet Shop Boys have recently completed work on their latest studio album – the third part of a Stuart Price-produced trilogy which started with ‘Electric’ in 2013 and continued with ‘Super’ in 2016. The album will be released 24th January.
Tickets are priced from £45
5th June 2020
0844 493 6666
Newcastle upon Tyne
Utilita Arena provides the following facilities to assist with access requirements:
- Accessible parking is available on site with the display of a valid blue badge (badge holder must be present & subject to availability). Details of charges and how to pay can be found on their Car Parking Page
- A box office window with a lowered counter
- All box office windows are fitted with a loop system
- Concession & Merchandise stands with lowered counter
- Designated seating areas within the venue for wheelchair users, or those with walking difficulties, and their companions
- Unisex accessible toilets fitted with radar keys
- Wheelchair accessible toilets available on every level
- A hearing loop system within the lower tiers. Please speak to the Accessibility Team for more details on booking this area.
- Diabetic food is allowed in the venue. We ask people to make themselves known if necessary to the venue security team to assist with any accessibility needs. (please note production can request decant of bottles)
- A Lift operates to all floors within the venue and are wide enough to accommodate a standard wheelchair
Events at this Venue