Russian State Opera bring ‘gripping love story’, Aida, to Newcastle
After the success of last year’s production of Madama Butterfly, as well as the previous Carmen and La Traviata, Russian State Opera is returning to Tyne Theatre & Opera House on Wednesday 4th March 2020 with the premiere of renowned opera, Aida.
For over 15 years the Russian State Ballet & Opera House has been presenting ballet and opera performances with world class dancers and singers all over the UK and now performs over 200 different classical shows every year.
This brand new production features an impressive cast, sumptuous sets, splendid costumes and a live orchestra comprised of over 30 musicians. All of which in the beautiful setting of the Grade 1 listed Tyne Theatre and Opera House.
Ancient Egypt is brought to life with music by Giuseppe Verdi as audiences follow the gripping love story of Aida the princess of Ethiopia and Radames the Egyptian General.
Aria such as ‘Se quel Guerrier io fossi!’ sung by Radames in the first act is one of the most famous arias of the operatic world. The most powerful melody comes in the second part of the Opera in the form of Triumphal March to highlight victory and triumph.
Aida is a deeply moving opera, overflowing with emotion, which will have you on the edge of your seats until the very end.
‘A boon to the opera in regional theatres.’ The Stage
Tickets are priced: £32, £30 limited view. Concessions (under 16s & over 60s) £2 off
Tickets on sale now at www.tynetheatreandoperahouse.uk
- The Tyne Theatre & Opera House Box Office is open 10am-3:30pm Monday to Friday and event days
- Booking and Information Line: 0844 2491 000 (10am – 6pm Monday to Friday)
- More information at our Website: www.tynetheatreandoperahouse.uk
- Facebook: Facebook.com/tynetheatreandoperahouse | Twitter: twitter.com/tyneoperahouse
- Theatre Address: 109 – 119 Westgate Road, Newcastle, NE1 4AG