NE1 are recruiting a Social Media Executive
< APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED >
NE1, the international award-winning Business Improvement District Company, established in 2009, has earned an unparalleled reputation for delivering an exciting range of projects and events which have had a transformational impact on the city centre.
Within this NE1 have established a consumer-facing website and social media channels renowned across the city and the region, with a highly engaged audience of over 100,000 across several platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a step-change in NE1’s digital delivery on behalf of their businesses, and to join a highly successful and motivated Marketing team, as well as an enthusiastic and close-knit wider team delivering an exciting and ambitious programme in Newcastle city centre.
Reporting to the Marketing and Events Manager, responsibilities of the Social Media Executive include but are not limited to:
• Sourcing and creating content, scheduling, and posting on NE1’s consumer-facing social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as NE1’s corporate social media channels including Twitter and LinkedIn
• Account maintenance for all NE1’s social media accounts including monitoring incoming messages and responding, maintaining accuracy, and identifying opportunities for collaboration and partnerships
• Effective use of social media management tools to schedule posts at appropriate times, as well as developing and delivering a schedule of posts to ensure key dates and deadlines are met
• Measuring and recording results, as well as reporting back to the Marketing and Events Manager, the wider NE1 team, and businesses in the city centre
• Working with the Director of Communications and the Marketing and Events Manager on NE1’s digital strategy to ensure maximum impact and reach
At a hugely exciting time for the company, we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, self-starting, and talented individual.
You will have a keen eye for detail, and a creative approach, as well as a passion for Newcastle, and for making a difference. This position has enormous potential, coming as it does at a key time for the company.
As a new role within our agile team, the successful candidate will be integral in helping NE1 deliver a step-change in our digital output, resulting in significant growth and unlimited potential, as well as being able to influence the department’s future direction.
The successful candidate will be outgoing, and take enormous pride in their work, helping to deliver across NE1’s many and varied channels, as well as expanding into new ones.
The successful candidate will also possess exceptional written skills, as well as a high level of attention to detail. Experience working with social media platforms in a commercial environment is desirable, as is experience with scheduling programmes, and the ability to collect and analyse results.
Essential personal characteristics:
- Organised and efficient
Essential professional characteristics:
- Excellent written skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to successfully prioritise tasks
- Experience using scheduling programmes
- Experience collecting and analysing social media data and results
Desirable professional characteristics
Experience working on social media platforms in a commercial environment, including TikTok
Working Hours: 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hrs per week). Please note, there will be weekend working dates required to cover events in the city
NE1 are currently working to a hybrid model of home-working and office-working, incorporating three office-based days per week, with the ability to work from home on others
To apply, email a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter, to [email protected]com.
The closing date for applications is 12pm Tuesday 9th August 2022.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 17th August from 12pm.