Fenwick Ready to Welcome Customers Back to All Stores from Monday 15th June
Family owned department store Fenwick will be ready to open its doors again to customers from Monday 15th June. The 137-year old department store group, first founded in Newcastle in 1882, is renowned for its levels of customer service and its carefully curated selection of products. In order to prepare for re-opening to its customers every store has undergone intensive cleaning, both front and back of house, with extensive social distancing measures implemented.
In all nine of its stores every department will be open so customers can shop all their favourite collections and brands*. Hosts will greet customers as they arrive and explain the new system in operation and sales advisors will be on hand to assist customers with purchases throughout the stores. There will also be clear signage throughout each store to guide and advise customers. While much has had to change the aim is to give customers the most enjoyable Fenwick shopping experience possible. Restaurants, cafes, and beauty services remain closed however as dictated by government guidance.
John Edgar, Fenwick CEO; ‘With the imminent re-opening of our shops, the safety of our colleagues and customers is our absolute priority and we have been working diligently in order to make our stores compliant with the guidelines, yet still give our customers a truly Fenwick experience. Premium department stores such as Fenwick are the best place to enjoy shopping in the current situation – as well as the strict safety measures we have put in place, we have ample space, an incredible selection of brands and products all under one roof and plenty of advisors providing excellent customer service. We are ready and prepared to open our physical stores on 15th June and we are very much looking forward to welcoming our customers then.’
As well as a deep clean of every store and an ongoing intensive cleaning programme, Fenwick has implemented the following measures to ensure re-opening is as safe as possible for all customers and colleagues, and to ensure social distancing measures are respected.
- Customer hosts will be there to welcome customers at the entrance of every store and to assist throughout the store.
- The number of people in the store at any time will be carefully managed.
- Each door has been designated as either an entry or an exit and some doors will be closed completely.
- Some toilets will be open in every store with hosts to help manage numbers
- A one-way system for each store has been planned which will be clearly marked out on the floor, but customers will be able to ‘step off’ the path to browse. This has been dubbed the ‘Fenwick Green Road’
- Lifts will be accessible only for customers in wheelchairs or those with mobility issues who have difficulty using escalators or for people with buggies or for a small number of people at a time providing they all come from the same household.
- Social distancing rules are to be strictly adhered to throughout the store. To that end, on our beauty counters, customers should ask one of our assistants who will be happy to help with requests, while maintaining an appropriate distance.
- There will be no beauty treatments either in private treatment rooms or in booths on the shop floor available.
- Fitting rooms will be closed and customers wishing to try on accessories such as hats or sunglasses should speak to a sales advisor for assistance.
- In children’s and toy departments there will not be any toys out on display to try or play with.
- Cafes and restaurants will remain closed for the moment in line with government advice.
- Hand sanitiser will be easily accessible to all throughout the store and located at every till point.
- All sales advisors will be provided with clear visors and there will be clear screens in place to protect customers and colleagues.
- Contactless or card payments preferred. All payment pads will be regularly and frequently cleaned.
The stores will be open from Monday 15th June and operating the following hours:
Bond Street: Mon to Sat 11am-6pm; closed Sunday
Bracknell: Mon to Sat 10am-6pm; Sunday 11am-5pm
Brent Cross: Mon to Sat 10am-6pm; Sunday 12-6pm
Canterbury: Mon to Sat 10am-5pm; 10.30am-4.30pm
Colchester: Mon to Sat 10am-5pm; Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm
Kingston: Mon to Sat 10am-6pm; Sunday 11am-5pm
Newcastle: Mon to Sat 10am-6pm; Sunday 11am -5pm
Tunbridge Wells: Mon to Sat 10am-5pm; 10.30am-4.30pm
York: Mon to Sat 9am-5pm; Sunday 11am-5pm
*The only exception to this is Bond Street, London where the ground floor will be open and has been reconfigured to offer a selection of items from all the floors. Customers will be able to visit the other fashion floors on request for assisted shopping.