Exasperated news reporter, Jonathan Pie, revisits Newcastle in added tour dates
Phil McIntyre Live Ltd have added a new set of dates to Jonathan Pie’s: Fake News Tour due to high demand. The added dates include Tuesday 21st April 2020 at Tyne Theatre & Opera House following his show at O2 City Hall, Newcastle in November.
Jonathan Pie, the fictitious British news reporter, is known for berating those in power – and the journalists apparently holding them to account.
The exasperated reporter, whose videos have been seen across the world, has taken previous tours to venues such as the Hammersmith Apollo and the London Palladium and had performances across the US and Australia.
Jonathan Pie has been described as ‘brilliant, brave, raw and analytical without forgetting to be funny’ by Ricky Gervais.
With over 1.2 million Facebook followers, his videos regularly achieve millions of views going viral internationally. His response to the election of Donald Trump was viewed more than 150 million times worldwide.
If no news is good news then good news is fake news…
“a staggering tour-de-force of righteous visceral rage” – Chortle
“as exquisitely performed as it is well written, damningly scathing of current political discourse and engagement” – The Scotsman
Tickets are priced: £20-£28 (16+ Guidance)
Tickets on sale Monday 9th December at www.tynetheatreandoperahouse.uk
- The Tyne Theatre & Opera House Box Office is open 10am-3:30pm Monday to Friday and event days
- Booking and Information Line: 0844 2491 000 (10am – 6pm Monday to Friday)
- More information at our Website: www.tynetheatreandoperahouse.uk
- Facebook: Facebook.com/tynetheatreandoperahouse | Twitter: twitter.com/tyneoperahouse
- Theatre Address: 109 – 119 Westgate Road, Newcastle, NE1 4AG