EAST PILGRIM STREET CREATIVE QUARTER BLOCK PARTY: Bamburgh House
On the 7th October, many of the venues and organisations of the so called
Creative Quarter will be opening their doors late to create a block party
with a vast array of culture on offer, all for free. The evening kicks off
at 7pm and comes to a close at ¡VAMOS! Social for late night music by Milk
The Cow with Stephanie Skyes, Pete Woosh and more.
- A sculptural exhibition by Dylan Shields at B&D Studios entitled
*Fantastical,* investigating the relationship between traditional,
narrative painting and contemporary materials such as cardboard and parcel
- Camps North and Tech for life have an evening of digital and creative
fun for the young, and young at heart! From Raspberry Pi's and fruity
keyboards to retro gaming and kinetic sand.
- Chinese surrealist portraiture artist Mao Kai’s first UK exhibition at
Abject Gallery, entitled Superior Animals.
- An Artist’s Boot Sale at Globe Gallery featuring a treasure chest of
curious and fanciful offerings. Relics, works and wares from 16 to 24
artist’s studios, wardrobes and amassed hoardings will be available at
thrifty bargain hunters for rummage through and purchase at affordable
- Virtual Reality gaming on the latest development systems at Nosebleed
Interactive, one of Newcastle burgeoning gaming start-ups.
- *Bacon Knees and Sausage Fingers* at Alphabetti Theatre. A harrowing,
heart-warming and hilarious play that tells the tale of a meeting between
two social outsiders and their new bizarre friendship.
With such a tight footprint, the free arts and culture on offer for the
evening within just 3 streets will mean visitors can experience some of the
best and most diverse the city has to offer with no more than a few steps
door to door.
(Image: Mao Kai)
7th October 2016