NE1 are recruiting a Marketing and Events Manager
Newcastle NE1 Ltd are recruiting a Marketing and Events Manager to join their tight-knit, proactive team. The international award-winning Business Improvement District Company, established in 2009, has earned an unparalleled reputation for delivering an exciting range of projects and events which have had a transformational impact on the city centre.
From this year’s ‘Summer in the City’ activation to the Get into Newcastle magazine, Newcastle Restaurant Week, the Grey Street Gathering, and the NE1 Newcastle Motor Show, NE1 is responsible for many of the best-loved projects and events in the city’s annual calendar.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join the successful and agile Marketing and Events team, as well as being a part of the enthusiastic and close-knit wider team at the forefront of delivering an exciting and ambitious programme in Newcastle city centre.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Events, responsibilities of the Marketing and Events Manager include:
• Taking responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Marketing and Events department, including overseeing the Get into Newcastle website, the Newcastle NE1 social media channels, and other online communications
• Leading on the planning, coordination and delivery of NE1’s Marketing and Events programme. including NE1’s Screen on the Green, Newcastle Restaurant Week, Blackett Street weekends, and the 24 Doors of Christmas
• Overseeing and leading on the production and content of the fortnightly Get into Newcastle magazine, including liaising closely with the publishing company
• Taking responsibility for the delivery of Newcastle NE1’s marketing campaigns, including managing suppliers and contractors to ensure campaigns are successful, timely, and delivered within budget
• Working closely with the Head of Marketing of Events, and NE1’s PR consultant, to plan and deliver NE1’s consumer and corporate PR programme
• Assisting the Head of Marketing and Events to ensure efficient management of the Marketing and Events budgets, and utilising resource within the department as and when required
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated, and talented individual who is passionate about Newcastle, about making a difference, and able to see the potential offered by this position at what is an incredibly exciting time for the company.
As part of our agile team, the successful candidate will be integral in leading on all aspects of the Marketing and Events department’s output, as well as taking responsibility for its future direction. The successful candidate will be outgoing, creative and take enormous pride in their work, helping to deliver across NE1’s portfolio.
Working Hours: 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hrs per week)
NE1 are currently working to a hybrid model of home-working and office-working, incorporating a set number of office-days per week, with the ability to work from home on others
Salary: Up to £30,000 dependent on experience
To apply, please email a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter, to [email protected] The closing date for applications is Wednesday 15th September. Interviews will take place the following week.